The Chronofixe historical timepieces have always captured the vintage collector’s attention with their emotional reminiscence and connection to 1850s perfected craftsmanship while expressing watchmaking excellence in all its collections.
With more than 100 years of history, Chronofixe has embodied a heritage in which a passion for excellence and a quest for precision convey a firm commitment: to keep the French watchmaking history timepieces revived and recognized in the modern age.
Carrying a heritage of passion for excellence and quest for precision.
During half of the 19th century, La Rasse was an important site where various societies coexist and succeed one another. Doubs is part of the current region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and is surrounded by the French departments of Jura, Haute-Saône, and Territoire de Belfort, and the Swiss cantons of Vaud, Neuchâtel, and Jura.
The first watch factories in the area were founded there in 1857 by François Joubert (François-Xavier Joubert, 1805-1879), son of Nicolas Joubert and Marie Thérèse Geneviève Mougin.
In 1880, the Besançon Chamber of Commerce wrote to the mayor of Fournet-Blancheroche: "According to us, the watch industry has grown in your locality. Nearly 200 workers are involved in the manufacture of spare parts. Besides that, there is a workshop for the specialty of winding racks." The Mougin family was already present at the Rasse, probably because of their kinship ties with the Jouberts.